Friday, May 27, 2011

Shakeology protein BITES Melissa Means style;)



WARNING: These bad boys are naturally delicious and dangerous in large numbers!!!

SO as usual I was craving chocolate... and peanut butter.... so I decided to combine a couple protein ball recipes and add my own twist.  By the way.. I like the sound of protein Bites better than "balls". Just sayin'...

SO this is what I came up with! I made a huge batch because I always make too much of everything, ask my friends and family:) This could be cut in half and probably be more appropriate for a few people rather than a small army.

Ingredients:
1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology
1 cup Quick Oats- I used good ole' Quaker
1 1/2 cups natural chunky Peanut Butter
3/4 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin ( my not so secret ingredient , anymore)
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp natural unsweetened ghiradelly's cocoa-optional
1 pinch of sea salt- optional
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

Start by blending your oats to create a fine oat flour. Combine oat flour, Chocolate Shakeology, salt, Cocoa, 1/4 cup coconut (save the other half for rolling) into a small bowl. In another bowl combine peanut butter,pumpkin,honey, & vanilla. Add the dry mix into this bowl and dive in with your hands and mix, mix, mix!

Spread the remaining coconut onto a flat clean surface .Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in the coconut . This recipe makes about 40 bites! lol


ENJOY!!!  <3

1 comment: